Although MS project is a very good app for project schedule, we may find we have big trouble to use it. QuickPlan is NOT a simple clone of MS project, we are developing an app for most of the user cases, with the best user experience, based on the practices of project management experts - QuickPlan is changing the game.
Why the task links are very important for the traditional schedule apps
- Maintaining Efficiency - It's very hard to lay out tasks and change tasks using project schedule apps before QuickPlan. Tasks links will help to change the date of related tasks easily when scheduling and re-scheduling for the transitional apps
- Satisfy the schedule rules - Task links are task date constraints to make sure changing the date of related tasks in the control of the defined rules
It looks that the links will help to increase the project tracking and maintenance efficiency, as they can automatic part of the re-schedule work, however
- However, it will be super time-consuming to create the perfect links, which can make sure that every thing will be good after the task links take effect - the updated plan will still satisfy the balance of resources, keep low cost and short duration.
- The reality is that most of the time, we still need to check the result manually after the “perfect” link takes effect.
- We will be in big trouble if there are many task links, a simple change to a task will cause many changes to other tasks we may not know - if we need to make sure the updated plan be reasonable with balanced resource, low cost and short duration, we will need unexpected efforts to adjust the plan because of a small change
- Team may need more time for communication to understand the "perfect" task map connected by links, the team members should be very careful to explore the plan, and should be very careful to avoid changing the plan
We have an article related talking about the task structures in the project plan
QuickPlan is changing the game.
- QuickPlan is the app which makes maintaining tasks easier and much more efficient than any other project schedule gantt app (say 10+ times efficiency improvement), with well designed gestures on an intuitive user interface - We don't need to use task link to help planning efficiently
- QuickPlan is the only app which organize the tasks the REAL task groups and child projects, it's easy to change date in the whole group by moving group tasks - Organize the tasks well in groups and sub-projects, we don't need to rely on task links to re-schedule
- QuickPlan supports a new link behavior called "list tasks". This task link is not used by other apps. But many of our users like this way as it's just intuitive as they expected (click the project name on the toolbar to change project properties include task link behavior)
With time using QuickPlan, we may find:
- There is no more needs to create the complicated task links using QuickPlan
- Organize tasks well in groups and child projects (plus the simple "linked tasks" links) will be the better solution - please check out the article about how to structure tasks well
QuickPlan is helping to MAKE the COMPLEX SIMPLE. Of cause task links are still useful for some cases, that's why QuickPlan supports part of it, our suggestion is trying to avoid using it
© 2013–2018 COPYRIGHT QUICKPLAN | All Rights Reserved