QuickPlan provides two gesture-based task link maintenance methods on the Gantt chart.
- Switch to "Task Linking State" to maintain task links
- Directly maintain task links
1. Task Linking State
- Click the "task linking" button on the toolbar, then to follow the tips (which moves with the mouse) to link tasks
- Tap to select a task, and then to choose another task to create a link or to remove an existing link.
2. Direct task linking maintenance
QuickPlan for macOS version 3.3 brings a new method to link the task directly, without the need to enter the "task linking state." By default, "directly linking task" feature is disabled, please enable it in the app preferences.
If the option is enabled, we can maintain the task links directly
- As usual, select a task (task1)
Pressing the "fn" key and clicking on another task (task2)
- If task1 and task2 have already linked, remove the existing task link
- If task1 does not link with task2, create a new task link between them. And if the "" key is also being pressed, the successor (task2) date will change automatically.
Control if need to "respect the tobe created task link"
QuickPlan does not to enforce to adjust the date of successor tasks when linking tasks, the users will control if need to respect to tobe created task or not. QuickPlan allows the users to select what to do when linking tasks
If "Command" key being pressed when linking tasks, the date of the successors will be adjusted automatically (to respect the tobe created task link)
If "Command" key NOT being pressed when linking tasks, the date of the successors will keep be same
Using constraints from a mathematical point of view is a perfect approach, yet is it really a good way to use task links in large quantities? we have an article related about the way to organize the tasks well.
- Task Structure
- Task Fields
- Create Task
- Insert Task
- Remove Task
- Indent and Outdent
- Copy / Paste Task
- Repeat Task
- Split Task
- Maintain Properties on Gantt
- Maintain Properties on Outline
- Property Updating Panel
- Task Link Maintenance
- Task URL Maintenance
- Date and Duration Baseline
- Critical Path
- Seach & Replace