QuickPlan organizes tasks in task groups and sub-projects. The date, work, cost of task groups and the sub-project tasks are calculated automatically based on the data of their children
The task groups in QuickPlan are REAL - they are displayed as a group box in Gantt Chart, and they can be moved with all the tasks in the group together when changing the date
Two intuitive gestures are to change task outline level easily (to organize tasks in groups)
- Swift-Left on the Task Name column in the outline panel to indent task
- Swift-Right on the Task Name column in the outline panel to outdent task
A well organized project schedule will ease the team communication, tracking and re-scheduling. Sub-Project is a great feature which helps to structure the project well, especially when working on a big project, or when working with multiple sub-teams for a project. Sometimes, we may find it's better to organize multiple differnt small projects as sub-projects in one main projects, for example when planning some personal projects
1. Create a Sub-Project
- Tap on a task, and to select the menu to convert the task as a sub-project
- Or to convert a task to sub-project on the updating panel
2. Convert a Sub-Project to a Task Group
A sub-project can be convert to a task group (if the converting will not impact the maximun outline levels of the main project)
3. Open a Sub-Project
- From menu
- Or the keyboard shortcut "Command + Return"
We have an best practice article about how to organize the tasks well.