The project can be exported as PDF, MS Excel and Image files for reporting and communication. Tap to learn more about this feature.
There are some options to customize the tobe exported content in the PDF file
- Author – Author name which will be displayed at left/top of the first PDF page
- Banner – Banner image which will be displayed at right/top of the first PDF page
- for BLACK & WHITE printer – Exported PDF in white/black color, for printing on low DPI printer or white/black printer
- Include “QuickPlan” info – By default, PDF will includes a line to show that the PDF is created by QuickPlan (so other people know what app was used to create this report). This option can be disabled.
- Include task link – Option to include or not include task link in PDF file
- Page size – PDF file page size. It’s better that the physical paper size is same as the PDF page size if need to print the PDF file
- Page content – Option to include or not include outline and Gantt chart. At least one should be included.
- Task link line width – For the situation that exporting as a large size PDF file (for example A1), but print on a small paper (for example A4). The printing result will be zoomed and if the link line width is small, it may disappear.
Update: A new option introduced by version 8.6, to show two lines of text on taskbar in the PDF file
Update: A new option introduced by version 8.0, to customize the task column title
Best practices for the printing challenge
The project plan generated using QuickPlan may include many tasks, or the project duration is very long. In this case, the project output corresponds to a much larger size than a piece of paper can accommodate. Please check out our practices for this challenge
There are some options to customize the tobe exported content in the Excel file
- Excel sheets – Option to include or not include “Task dispatch sheet” and “Members assignment sheet”. The “Task list sheet” is always included.
- Include Gantt chart – Option to include or not include “Gantt chart” in the first sheet “Task list sheet”
- Include “QuickPlan” info – By default, PDF will includes a line to show that the PDF is created by QuickPlan (so other people know how to create it). This option can be disabled.
- Show “% comp.” in Gantt chart – If need to show % comp. before task name in Gantt chart of the first sheet.
Many users like the Gantt Chart in the exported Excel file. QuickPlan uses one cell to simulate one day of the Gantt chart in the exported Excel file. As the exported Excel is compatible with Apple Number, and the maximum task column amount is limited (about 256), if the project duration is long, there will be no enough columns to simulate the Gantt chart, in the case the Gantt chart option will be disabled, please export the project as PDF file.
There are a option to customize the tobe exported content in the Image file
- Include task outline – Option to include or not include in image file.
Maximum 100 tasks will be included in the exported image. If need to include all the tasks, please export the project as PDF file
- MS Excel